On June 2, 1946 the 17 original members of Janvier Volunteer Fire Company held a meeting with the purpose of creating the fire company. They elected Calvin Frazier as the first Chief and Henry Dry the president. These men also collected donations from who was present, totally to $6.85, this would be the foundation of the company we have today. On June 26, 1946 a charter was presented to the township committee and on July 10, 1946 Janvier Volunteer Fire Company was incorporated. We purchased our first apparatus, a 1934 Reo 500 gallon pumper, from Franklinville Volunteer Fire company. Then in 1949 we purchased and converted a 1,000 gallon oil tanker into a pumper. Then in 1955 we purchased, converted, and put into service a 2,000 gallon tractor trailer. This was thought to be the first of its kind in the state of New Jersey and this concept has been duplicated because of the need of larger water supplies. In the fall of 1973 ground was broken for the new building and hall. The new building was built entirely by the members of Janvier Fire Company. In 1977 we bought and updated a 1952 pumper which was put into service in 1978. Also in 1978, an equipment truck was purchased by the company, rebuilt by the firemen and put into service.
The Janvier Volunteer Fire Company is now comprised of 34 members with a total of six firefighting apparatus and one special services trailer. We have recently purchased a 2016 E-One Cyclone II Pumper with a 2000 GPM Hale pump. Janvier Volunteer Fire Company is always looking for new members who want to come out and help their community, if you would like there is a link on the home page for the membership application.